Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baked Dijon Salmon



Jana here with one of my favorite salmon recipes I've tried yet!  I realize the picture above may not look super appetizing, but this is what the salmon will look like right before it goes in the oven.  I have 3 young children, and I take pictures of what we are eating whenever I see there's good lighting, and I have a free second!  So, needless to say, an 'after cooking' picture didn't happen on this night!  But take my word for it, that this salmon is really delicious!  It doesn't have as strong of a 'fishy' taste as other ways I have prepared salmon.  So even if you have some people in your family who don't love fish, I think they would enjoy this. I found the idea for the recipe here. 

Baked Dijon Salmon

1/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets (I used frozen fillets, that had been thawed)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. In a small bowl, stir the butter, mustard, and honey together.  In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.

3. Brush the salmon fillets (both sides) with the butter mixture.  Coat the fillets with the bread crumb mixture.

4. Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes, or until it flakes easily.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment